Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Monday, April 9, 2012

We Don't Know Any Better by Black Taxi

Released:  January 17, 2012
Rating:  76.92

Frankly, I don't recall where I heard about this band, but it doesn't matter.  This is right up my alley.  and likely to stay in my top 10 for most of the year.  They remind me of the Virgins (who released one of my favorite albums back in '08) and I suppose it shouldn't be a total surprise, since Black Taxi is also a Brooklyn-based club band.

All I remember is they got on my 2012 list quick.  The problem was that I couldn't find the CD.  My local Dimple store didn't even have them listed and Amazon only had them (and still only have them) as an MP3 download.  I ended up at the band's website, ordering directly from them.

This is great, upbeat, fun party/dance/work out/housework/whatever you like music.

Click to check out the official video for my favotite song Tightrope and a live recording of Do What You Gotta Do, which opens with a riff from Yes and heads into Devo-esque dance tune.  (You can also hear a clean version on Spotify.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment