Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Thing Called Divine Fits by Divine Fits

Released:  August 28, 2012
Rating:  81.62
Genre:  Alt Rock

Screaming into front-runner status, late in 2012 is the Super-Group, Divine Fits.  And while I've never heard of of the drummer (Sam Brown, or his band, New Bomb Turks), I'm a big fan of Dan Boeckner (of the Handsome Furs and Wolf Parade) and Britt Daniels (the lead vocalist and guitarist for Spoon, who's Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga was my favorite album of 2007.)

AMG pretty much nailed the sound describing it as "throbbing, understated synths, insistent beats that jab listeners like a finger in the chest, and echoing vocals that sound like they were recorded in an alley in the middle of the night."  While I hear Daniels' influence loud and clear, I can also hear Boeckner's song writing, though somewhat less frenetic than his work with the Handsome Furs.  My favorite songs include:

No comments:

Post a Comment