Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Sunken Condos by Donald Fagen

Released:  October 16, 2012
Rating:  75.56
Genre:  R&B

I love this album as much as the critics (it received a metascore of 82) and it easily jumps into my top 10 for 2012.

Steely Dan's Aja was one of my favorite albums through the late '70s and Early '80s.  In fact, when I first heard the a CD, my only thought was how amazing Deacon Blues would sound with that format.  In fact, it was the first disc I ever bought.  Donald Fagen, half of the brain trust behind Steely Dan, has brought that sound into the 21st century.

Check out Slinky Thing, which could have easily fit between Black Cow and the title track on Aja; Weather In My Head has a great funk beat and is my favorite song on the disc; The New Breed's got a little bit of an Al Jarreau vibe; and Out Of The Ghetto's opening riff is dead ringer for Curtis Mayfield's Pusherman from the Superfly soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment