Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tender New Signs by Tamaryn

Released:  October 9. 2012
Rating:  68.89
Genre:  Shoegaze Revival

I don't imagine I qualify as a Shoegaze revivalist, because I was never a big Shoegaze guy the first time around.  Given my lack of experience here, it's hard to compare it to anything I've heard before.  The best I can describe it is pretty and atmospheric.

Tamaryn, the New Zealand-born singer providing the soft, girlish vocals here and guitarist Rex John Shelverton are the duo known by the name of Tamaryn.  The formed in New York in the early '00s and this is there third album (my first).  I really like this album and recommend it as a Spotify or Pandora listen (and only add it to your collection if you really like what you hear too.)  However, I'm also really interested to see where they go from here.

A few of the songs here could easily qualify as dream-pop (While You're Sleeping, I'm DreamingAfterlightViolet's in a Pool) and those are the songs I'm personally more drawn toward.

No comments:

Post a Comment