Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Monday, January 21, 2013

The Haunted Man by Bat For Lashes

Released:  October 22, 2012
Rating:  69.09
Genre:  Indie

bat-for-lashes-the-haunted-manThis is a challenging album, for me, to describe.  There are moments I'd call chamber-pop, like the opener Lilies.  Others are more singer-songwriter, such as my favorite song on the album All Your Gold.  The beautiful  Laura  the first single off the album, reminds me of Kate Bush or maybe even Bjork.

Pakistan-born Natasha Khan is the creative force behind the band from Brighton, England.  In fact, she pretty much is the band, though she's hired a lot of other musicians to perform behind her; especially strings.  This is Bat For Lashes' third album and my second by the band.  While I really enjoy listening to it, in the right frame of mind, I'm not quite as high on it as the professional critics, who seem to be pretty much over the moon for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment