Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Velociraptor by Kasabian

Released:  September 20, 2011
Rating:  74.55

So there's a bit disturbing about Kasabian, starting with their name (from Charles Manson's getaway driver, Linda Kasabian) to the demented expression repeated around the album cover.  On the other hand, there's a lot to love once you get the disc in the player.  In fact, it's one star from breaking the current tie for the final spot on my 2011 top ten.

Although this is the fourth proper album for the British band, it's my introduction to them.  A lot of different influences show up; Velociraptor reminds me of David Bowie and La Fée Verte feels sort of gypsy influenced to me.  However, in the end, it's good ole rock and roll: play it loud!

My favorite song is the electronic I Hear Voices.  I also love Acid Turkish Bath (Shelter From The Storm (the orchestra is a very nice touch.)  Click on the songs to hear them, in-full, on youtube.com.  Better yet, find full album and listen to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment