Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Whole Love by Wilco

Released: September 27, 2011
Rating: 75.00

I'm still struggling to decide if I really like this album, or if I love it.  Every time I listen to it I like it more.  I think if I waited a few more weeks, it might climb into the top 10.

Wilco, formed in 1994 by Jeff Tweedy, after the break-up of Uncle Tupelo, has released their 10th studio album. I think this is the best thing they've done since 2004’s A Ghost Is Born and it's brought me back into the fold of Wilco fans.

Tweedy has never shied away from the influences of the 70's and they're here in abundance: hints of John Lennon and George Harrison, Gram Parsons, Pink Floyd, Simon and Garfunkel, Randy Numan, and any of a number of 70's power pop bands.

Check out the poppy I Might or the spacey Art of Almost.   (click the song titles for a link to live versions of the the full songs from Letterman on youtube)

As a side note, and it should not be held against the album, The Whole Love has been nominated (announced November 30) for the 2012 Best Rock Album Grammy.

No comments:

Post a Comment