Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Sweet Sour by Band of Skulls

Released:  February 14, 2012
Rating:  72.00
Genre:  Punk Blues

February's off to a great start with a couple of go old fashioned rockers.  Here's the second:
It's not surprising I really like this English trio. They're compared to the Kills, Duke Spirit, the Black Keys and even the White Stripes.  Two of those had albums in my top 10 for 2011.  (I'm gonna to have to look into Duke Spirit, of whom I've never heard.)

This is their sophomore effort and the critics are pretty upbeat on them.  I think I'm a little higher than they are.  One of the things that's so interesting about this album is the different tempos.  The opener (the title track) is hard driving, the second is a kinda subdued; the third has a lot of energy; and so it goes for 10 tracks.

Click the hyper links to check out  a couple of my favorites, including the title track Sweet Sour (it's the official video, skip past the ad, and see four preteens that can really dance, but we hope we're not raising) or the smokin' hot Wanderluster.

No comments:

Post a Comment