Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Head Down by Rival sons

Released: March 19, 2013
Rating: éééé
Genre: '70s Blues Rock

This is my second album by the LA based quartet (and their second album as well).  While many critics compare them to bands like the White Stripes, Wolfmother and the Black Crowes, I hear all kinds of my favorite '70s rock bands:  Mountain, Grand Funk Railroad, Molly Hatchet and Joe Walsh.

Check out some of these (seeming blasts from the past): Wild Animal (BTO?) All the Way (Joe Walsh?) The Heist (Ten Years After?).

Maybe it's just because so much of this is influenced by the bands I was listening to in High School, but I love this!





No comments:

Post a Comment