Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Catch My Shoe by The Ex

Released: January 25, 2011
Rating:  73

The Ex is a  punk band from the Netherlands, formed in the late 70's, at the same time as the Sex Pistols and the Clash.  The five members are a combination of dutch and British ex-pats.  (I don't know if that's where the name comes from. 

This is their 12th Studio Album.  They've still got a punk sound, updated for the 21st century, with some African Influences thrown in for good measure.  (In fact, one of the songs is a cover a song by an Ethiopian singer, but I don't know which one.  I'm guessing it's Tree Float.)   I was especially drawn to the horns.  Click to hear Maybe I Was The Pilot on YouTube.  It's an excellent representation of their sound.

I really like this.  There's nothing I'm blown away by, but there's a lot to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment