Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Stone Rolling by Raphael Saadiq

Released:  May 10, 2011Rating:  76.00

I beg your forgiveness for getting so far behind.  I'll try to get back to current.  Which for me, is about 1 month post release date.  This gives me enough of a chance to listen and develop a fair opinion.
If you have any affinity for old fashioned R&B, Stone Rolling is a must.  By any measure, it's a great album from the 45 year old Oakland, CA native.  It makes an easy leap onto my top 10 for 2011 (so far).

Saadiq plays most of the guitars, drums and keyboards here.  My favorite song on the album is the '70s style Good Man. But don't miss the '50s inspired Radio.

Saadiq, who was touring with Prince and Sheila E. almost right out of high school, went on to found Tony! Toni! Tone! in 1988 and this is his 5th solo release.

No comments:

Post a Comment