Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Here We Rest by Jason Isbell And The 400 Unit

Released: April 12, 2011
Score: 70.91
Jason Isbell was a guitarist with the Drive By Truckers from 2001 to '07.  He's been a solo ever since, putting out a style of country-influenced rock, reminiscent of Jackson Brown and the early Eagles.  This isn't my usual diet, but it's got a laid back, homey kinda feel. The second song on the album Go It Alone is absolutely smokin'.  And Codeine is a country classic (fiddle, lost love, etc.)

I don't seem to be as high on this as the critics, who generally loved the album.  But I do really like it.

Full disclosure:  I went to see these guys a couple weeks ago in San Francisco (at the Great American Music Hall, with my good friend Bill White) and had a great time.  It probably favorably influenced my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment