Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Glorious Dead by The Heavy

Released:  August 21, 2012
Rating:  74.00
Genre:  Neo-Soul


I love this album from the five piece band from Noid, England (outside of Bath).  This is their third studio album.  They released their debut in 2007.  It's not surprising I'd be enthusiastic., since Spotify lists their as their related artists some of my favorite bands on the past few years, including The Deadweather, The Kills, Cold War Kids, My Morning Jacket, TV On The Radio, Broken Bells, The Raconteurs and Band of Skulls.

Even with that said though, I hear a lot of 60's/70's-style, R&B and blues based rock.  Think Grand Funk Railroad, Three Dog Night, Johnny Winter, Foghat or Mountain.

My favorite song on the album is Can't Play Dead.  What Makes A Good Man? is a smokin', slightly funky jam.  Be Mine reminds me of Elbow. And The Big Bad Wolf reminds me of pre-Bad Company Paul Rodgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment