Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Busting Visions by Zeus

Released:  March 27, 2012
Rating:  71.43
Genre:  Indie

Out of Toronto, the quartet calling themselves Zeus (caution if you're Googling them, there are more than one Heavy Metal band of the same name) were recommended to me by one of my musical mentors (thanks Michael) which explains there late entry onto list.  AMG compares them to ELO, T-Rex and George Harrison.  I can see that, and a number of others from the late '60s and early '70s.

Are You Gonna Waste My Time? reminds me of late-Beatles
Love / Pain could be John Lennon in a pop frame of mind.
My favorite son on the album is With Eyes Closed, which could have come from the Guess Who.
Stop The Train reminds me of something between Three Dog Night and the Grateful Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment