Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cobra Juicy by Black Moth Super Rainbow

Released:  22 October 2012
Rating:  70.91
Genre:  Psychedelic Electro-Pop

On the Indie circuit since 2002, the self-released Cobra Juicy is the seventh release for the quintet from Pennsylvania.  This album is described by AMG as "subterranean lo-fi weirdness with upped production values and a  [clear] view of their psychedelic electro-pop."  I'll buy that.  Outside of San Francisco's Deerhoof, I'm not familiar with any of Spotify's related artists, so I'm not sure who to compare them to.

Like a Sundae is a sort of sunny, almost dream-pop tune that seems it would be more at home in CA than PA.
Hairspray Heart is electronic funk (and the lyrics are not for children)
I Think I'm Evil has a cool, 80's kinda vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment