Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Beta Love by Ra Ra Riot

Released:  January 22, 2013
Rating:  éééé
Genre:  Indie Chamber Rock

This is my third album from the now-five-piece from New York.  (The cello player, who I met during their last show in Sacramento, has left the band.)  My enthusiasm for the album, matched against the breadth of the reviewers opinions here, support my theory that if they're mixed on it,  I'll probably love it.  Almost all of the reviewers acknowledge how much fun the music is.  Most of the mixed and negative reviews tend to harp on the fact that they're trying something new and they don't like it.  (Some folks just didn't get what they expected.)

The album's just soft enough to work in the office; the dance beats are great for the gym; and it's not bad in the car, though a little slow at times.

My favorite songs on the album are the spacey, synth-heavy What I Do for U and the 80's style  When I Dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment