Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Anything in Return by Toro y Moi

Released:  January 22, 2013
Rating:  ééé1/2
Genre:  Chill & B

This album does not come easy.  It takes repeated listens to get into the layers that make it so darned interesting, and ultimately enjoyable.  There's R&B, funk and electronica here, and they all come together for something that is really terrific when you need a distraction (in the office between tasks) or when you have time to really listen (like during the commute or a drive to Monterey.)  I don't know Exactly what to compare it to that would be better known.  Maybe Stereolab, or Girls.  Spotify relates them to Phantogram, which I guess I can hear.

Chaz Bundick, the 26 year old from South Carolina (now residing in Berkeley CA), is Toro y Moi, This is his third album (my second) since 2010, though he's been performing since 2001. It's darker than 2011's Underneath The Pine, but I also think it's a better collection.

My favorite song on the album is   High Living.  I can also strongly Cola and Studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment