Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Monday, May 13, 2013

No Beginning, No End by José James

Released: January 22, 2013
Rating: ééé1/2
Genre: Jazz and Soul

Described by some as a Jazz singer for the Hip Hop generation.  I don't hear it.  I may be too old-school, but what I hear is Bill Withers in the 21st century (which I consider a good thing.)  New York City's Jose James lists Marvin Gaye as an influence and I can hear that too.  This is great as either a sound track to an easy day or for focused listening in a contented mood.

Both the opener  It's All Over Your Body and  Trouble remind me so much of Bill Withers, it's easy to forget he hasn't had a new studio release in almost 30 years. Or, try my favorite, the simple, beautiful  Come To My Door.

No comments:

Post a Comment