Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sound Kapital by Handsome Furs

Released June 28, 2011
Rating 71.11

I'm not sure what it is about this husband-and-wife duo from Montreal.  (He's the front man from Wolf Parade.) This is my second album by them (their third) and there isn't much that blows me away, but I really love the stuff as a package.  The previous album (Face Control) was based on Russian influences fro their tours in Eastern Europe.  This album is influenced by their two-year tour of Asia.  Given that this album (different than the two previous, is devoid of guitars and the percussion comes from a machine, only things I can compare them to is a lot of the cooler '80s stuff (Depeche Mode or the Thompson Twins). 

Try Damage or What About Us?  (FYI, the actual album cover, for reasons not completely clear, is a photo of a nude woman - full frontal.  It's not what I chose to put here, but it what's on the youtube version.)

No comments:

Post a Comment