Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Black & White America by Lenny Kravitz

Released:  August 29, 2011
Rating:  67.50

I seem to be way off from a lot of the reviewers,  who gave this album a meta-score of 77.  AMG gave it a 90!  On the other hand, Rolling Stone gave it a 70.  In any event, it is a great album (with a few points,in my opinion, but I have no intention of dwelling on those.)

What I love about Lenny Kravitz is that he wears his influences on his sleeve.  I hear a lot of my favorites, including The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Aerosmith, Jimi Hendrix, Wild Cherry, Marvin Gaye, Curtis Mayfield, '60s and '70s R&B, '70s funk, '80s hair metal, '90s alt rock and modern R&B. You can hear about three-fourths of those in Come On Get It (please forgive the NBA plug).  The Other quarter can be heard in Liquid Jesus.

(The song titles are hyper links to full length versions of the songs courtesy of YouTube.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment