Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Shangri - La by YACHT

Released:  July 5, 2011
Rating:  76.00
This album was actually released in Europe in January, and digitally in June.  I first heard it streaming in January and have been waiting to pick it up ever since.  (I was too cheap to pick up the import.)
 
It's leapt into the top 10, in a 5 way tie for the 10th spot.
 
This is electronic music. Not just beats.I hear a strong influence from The Cars in the music.  The lyrics are decidedly darker.  The second song on the album is Dystopia (my favorite song on the album)  A post apocalyptic chant (with lyrics not appropriate for young ears.)  The opener is the flip side in every way, aptly named Utopia.  My second favorite song is I Walked Alone.
 
This is a great album from the Portland Oregon duo lead by Jonah Bechtolt.  Bechtolt is a classic workaholic and I'm not going to repeat his resume hear.  If you're curious, you can click the link here to AMG to read about him.  It's worth a few minutes...
 
This wraps up July.  It turned out to be a much better moonth than I expected.  August has a few real stellar moments, so keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment