Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Still Living by Ganglians

Released:  August 23, 2011
Rating:  71.67

Okay, their a hometown (Sacramento) band that's getting national attention, so I jumped on their bandwagon.  Turned out to be a pretty cool ride.  All jangly guitars, Beach Boy harmonies and lo-fi production (with traces of Pink Floyd riffs hidden throughout.)

The foursome has been together since about 2007 and released their first full length in 2009.  This, their second release, is my introduction to the band.  There are several excellent cuts.  Give a listen to Bradley (the official video), or my favorite, That's What I Want.  I couldn't find a studio copy of it, but what I did find was an awesome, live, acoustic version.  There's about a minute and a half of interview, followed by the song at 1:28.

(The song names are hyperlinks to the songs in full length on youtube.)

No comments:

Post a Comment