Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

In Our Heads by Hot Chip

Released:  June 12, 2012
Rating:  74.55
Genre:  Indie Electronic

Hot Chip made a huge impression on me the first time I heard them back in 2008 (Made In The Dark).  That album would easily be in my top 10 this year.  Their last album (One Life Stand) was a little disappointing to me.

This album is of the same caliber as Made In The Dark.  It's a little more experimental than either of those, but there's a combination of hooky pop songs and gorgeous ballads.

To get a taste I'd recommend The up beat, How Do You Do? or the gorgeous Look At Where We Are.  Both links are to the official videos.  I'm not sure that's a good thing.  Try listening before watching.

The London based quintet released their first EP in 2000 and they've released six full length albums since. 

It's difficult for me to compare them directly to anything else out there.  Musically, I hear traces of (the happier) Beck, LCD Soundsystem and even mid-career Brian Eno, but vocally, I think they're unique.



No comments:

Post a Comment