Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Trespassing by Adam Lambert

Released:  May 15, 2012
Rating:  68.00
Genre:  Pure Dance Pop

I was tempted not to admit I have this, or that I'm keeping it.  It's so mainstream compared to most of my 21st century collection.  And the low rating?  That's mostly the result of too many songs.  The album is 15 songs and nearly an hour long.  If he'd left off 4 songs (that are way too sappy for me) it could have made it into my top 10.

I will assume most of you are familiar with Adam Lambert, so I won't spend much time on his backstory (American Idle runner-up; came out of the closet after the show; got a little too wild for his own good; calmed down and cut a good album.) Stand out tracks (in my opinion) include:
  • The 80s-style dance tune Trespassing
  • The pseudo-funk song Shady
  • Don't hold it against me, but try the Bon Jovi (Slippery When Wet-era) styled Outlaws of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment