Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Circuital by My Morning Jacket

Released:  May 31, 2011
Rating:  76.00

This is the 7th studio album for the 5-piece from Louiseville, KY.  Although the band's leader, Jim James, also perfroms with the super-group Monsters of Folk, MMJ defies attempts at categorization.  They experiment with blues, folk, reggae, classic rock, piano ballads and even a Motown/metal mash up.

Their 2008 release Evil Urges, which was the first time I'd heard them, blew me away.  This is even better.  My favorite songs are the opener Victory Dance and Holdin' On To Black Metal.

Side note:   I've never thought of Kentucky as a hot bed of Rock 'n' Roll, but two of my favorite albums this year (this and Cage The Elephant) both come from the Bluegrass State.

No comments:

Post a Comment