Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Codes & Keys by Death Cab For Cutie

Released:  May 31, 2011
Rating:  70.91

This is the 6th full length album for the band from Bellingham, WA.  I became a fan of theirs in 2005 with the release of Transatlantacism, and I have to admit that as they've continued to polish their sound, I've become less enamored of each subsequent releases.  Don't get me wrong, this is still a terrific album and well worth a listen.  It just seems there's less guitar and more precision here.  The songs are also more upbeat than I'm used to (which may be the result of singer/songwriter/guitarist Ben Gibbard's recent marriage to Zooey Deschanel.)  Check out the very pretty You Are A Tourist.

No comments:

Post a Comment