Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Demolished Thoughts by Thurston Moore`

Released:  May 24, 2011
Rating:  73.33

Not that it is in any way a preview of what this delivers, but the 53-year old Thurston Moore is a founding member and guitarist for the legendary art/punk band, Sonic Youth.  (He's also married to Sonic Youth bassist Kim Gordon.)

Produced by Beck, AMG describes it as "psychedelic chamber folk." I don't have anything better, so we can work with that.  This album is a much needed respite from a really confused world. Based primarily on Moore's acoustic guitar and voice, and supported by a variety of strings (and a few other things here and there) this is very mellow.

A couple of my favorite cuts include the beautiful Illumine and folkier Benediction.

While it's not in my top 10 for the year, it's still a wonderful album and I look forward to hearing it every time I see it pop up in my rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment