Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Blood Pressures by The Kills

Released:  April 5, 2010
Rating:  81.82

The March list is complete and what a month it was.  I picked up 12 CDs.  But wait, April's editions are pretty amazing too, starting with this album, my favorite so far for 2011.

The Kills are a two piece band consisting of VV (a.k.a. Allison Mosshart, from Floida) and Hotel (a.k.a. Jamie Hince, from London).

Although the official Genre is Indie, I would call it blues infused punk, but you could also consider it punk infused blues.  I first heard them in 2008 on the outstanding Midnight Boom album.  Then, while touring with the White Stripes, Jack White and Mosshart found common ground and established a separate band, The Dead Weather, that put out 2 great albums in 2009 and 2010 respectively.

I highly recommend this album to any rocker.  Check out a couple of my favorite tune,  Satellite or, if you have a Myspace account (and I recommend you get one, listen to the whole album by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment