Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wasting Light by Foo Fighters

Released:  April 12, 2011
Rating:  78.18

I really like this.  I need a little guitar driven, hard rock to keep me honest.  And after 16 years and 8 studio albums, few can deliver like the Foos.  For those who might not be aware, The band's founder, lead guitarist and vocalist, Dave Grohl first achieved notoriety as a drummer, playing with Krist Novoselic and Curt Cobain as Nirvana.

My favorite song on this Album is the anthemic Dear Rosemary,  which includes an assist from Husker Du's Bob Mould.  (This live version from Letterman is very cool.)  I also love the way Arlandria moves from Ballad to Metal to Arena.

If you want to get really close to Metal, check out White Limo (from the same letterman performance.)

And!  I just got tickets to see them with Cage The Elephant!

No comments:

Post a Comment