Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Meyrin Fields by Broken Bells

Released:  Mar 29, 2011
Rating:  80
Broken Bells, a project consisting of Danger Mouse (the greatest producer in the business today - my humble opinion) and James Mercer (lead singer for The Shins) had my absolutely favorite album of 2010.  Since this is only a 4-song EP, I wouldn't feel right to rank it among the top 10 albums, but I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.  Give a listen to the opener and title song:  Meyrin Fields.

Incidentally, I have no idea what the title refers to, since the only reference I can find to Meyrin is a small town outside Geneva Switzerland, which may be it since the lyrics refer to a small, sad town.

By the way, if you never heard any of last year's eponymous debut, check out: The Ghost Inside.  (Play it loud.)

No comments:

Post a Comment