Support the Music You Love!

If you hear something you like, buy it! We have to support the artists financially if we want them to keep producing great music.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Build A Rocket Boys! by Elbow

Released:  April 12, 2011
Rating 74.00

This is currently on my top 10 for the year, but that won't last much longer.  Don't get me wrong, it's a really good album and I highly recommend checking it out.  If I hesitate, it's only because it doesn't quite meet my expectations based on their last album, 2008's Seldom Seen Kid, which won the 2008 Mercury Prize (for the best album released in the UK and Ireland).

Background:  The 5-piece from Britain got together in the '90s and is based in Manchester.  This is their 7th Studio release.  Their sound is sort of experimental-prog-pop (I made that one up on my own.)

Check out Neat Little Rows, or Lippy Kids.  For a real treat, go back to 2008 and hear Audience With The Pope; about an obsession with a woman, for which even the pope will have to get in line..

No comments:

Post a Comment